Thursday, January 26, 2006

a night of barfing

Well, it was bound to happen. When you're cursed with a sensitive stomach and you're living in Honduras, you're bound to spend a night hugging the toilet.

Last night I split a chicken burrito with my friend. We've eaten at this place before, and the flour tortillas and white meat chicken were a welcome change from the corn tortillas, frijoles and huevos. Until about four hours after dinner.

I was violently puking most of the night - ok maybe I am being a little dramatic, but puking is never fun, and last night was especially painful. Between bouts, I would lie down and have these dreams where people were eating really disgusting food. That's probably why I kept barfing. In one dream my vegetarian friend who is here with us was chowing down on a giant ground beef pie. Gross.

I managed to make it to class today, and am feeling a bit better, but I can guarantee that my love affair with the chicken burrito is over. I just thought I'd share that with everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUCK! SiƩntase mejor! Despite the food issues, it sounds like you're having a great experiencia. Estoy celoso!

Anonymous said...

I have three words for you.


Bird Flu.