Friday, September 30, 2005

Honduras here I come?

Now that I have faced the reality of my life as an unempl - I mean, a freelance writer, at least temporarily, it is now time to make some plans. My friend Lauren called me yesterday and basically brought me back to reality - time will fly if you don't get it together, and are you in or out?

She was referring to Honduras, where she is heading in January for a Spanish language immersion program . Part of my feet-dragging on a full-time job was the possibility of either going with her or doing my own venture there or in Costa Rica (I am still really itching to go to CR, so perhaps I can roll the two into one trip?).

So I'm in. Just as the thermometer hits the negatives here in Chicago, I will be heading down to tropical Honduras to perfect my shoddy Spanish skills and breathe in the exotic life of Central America. Haven't fully budgeted for it, or really signed up yet, but as GI Joe said, "Knowing is the half the battle," ... and, well, I know I want to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog – very nice. I made myself a blog, Term Life Insurance Quote Online that covers Term Life Insurance Quote Online and more. Check it out if you have the time.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you have GOT to do something about the spam.

Spam aside, I say go for it. In fact, do you have their number...?