Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday

7 a.m. - Woke up to some random loud-ass jackhammer construction sound in my apartment building. No worries. Turned on Today's show and brewed some coffee.

9 - 10:30 a.m. - Tooled around on the Internet sending emails, reading friends' blogs and looking for freelance gigs.

10:30 a.m. - Wandered aimlessly to TJMaxx until got a call from Kirsten summoning me to the beach.

1 p.m. - Went to the beach, stopping at the lakeside restaurant for the strongest margarita ever (c'mon it was after noon!) and a non-booze-absorbing salad.

2 - 4 p.m. - Laid around at beach. Nap interrupted by Chicago Fire Department and police action and a crowd rushing over to the rocky ledge. Rumors circulate about a man lying face down or maybe he was naked or maybe he jumped. Started feeling really bad. Couldn't find any information on the incident later.

4:30 - 6:30 p.m. - Sat outside at a tavern near Kirsten's drinking The Coldest Beer(s) in Chicago. Nice.

Tomorrow, I find freelance work. I swear. Oh and health insurance, too.

Clearly, I have chosen LEP [Life Experiences Plan], version I or II - that decision is for a later time. Had editor/mentor/friend Ron email me this advice "go with your heart" (Shit, Ron if it were that clear, I wouldn't be panicking!) But he was encouraging about taking my time and said 6 months or so won't hurt. He also said to keep my mind open in the mean time and not to close any doors. So, it's settled.

3 comments:

Kirsten Miller said...

"Started to feel really bad" or started to make really bad jokes?

I'm just sayin'.

('k, luv ya. See you tomororw. Same time, same place.)

Anonymous said...

i want a life of leisure too. unfortunantely, i've got 2 quarters of this bs left. and i would've liked to pick the fellow medillians who are in paris with me so i could've taken you "hardened journalists". three days and i'm already down to a small handful of people zho don't inspire a strong urge for violence. i know alabama hears me on that one. small rooms, lots of togetherness.

but, since you all officially have your drunk dials, i think i may have to put the phone away or at least keep it away from one specific partner in crime.

have another huge margarita for me

alison

km i cant figure out how to post to your blog bc the instructions show up in french right now.

Anonymous said...

That's right, Stone-ito and I are floating out here among an ecclectic group...and I get to spend every waking moment with Domer and Bossone. Remind me how "things get better"?

(I'll be happy to hold onto that phone for you...)